Ir al contenido principal

Maintenance Technician Course

In this post I will talk about how to obtain the title of superior technician in aeromechanical maintenance and how to obtain the license of technician in maintenance of airplanes B1.1 which is the necessary license to be able to sign in the documents of a commercial turbine aircraft. I will explain how to access these studies and what are the advantages of studying at the IES Son Pacs.

I have selected some questions that may come to your mind before starting the course and that can help guide you.

-How can I access these studies?
As it can be accessed in several ways, in each course there are limited places for people who access through the bachillerato degree, other places for people who access by an vocational course of the same family or another family, there are also places for who access with an entrance exam to the university or an entrance exam to a vocational course.

-Where do classes take place?
During the first course, classes are held every Monday at the IES Son Pacs and the second course every Friday. The rest of classes are given in Globalia Training in the industrial park of Son Noguera.

-In what language are classes and exams taught?
Most of the classes are given in Spanish or Catalan, test-type exams may have questions in Spanish and English. The developmental exams will be answered in Spanish.

-How are the exams?
The exams are type test with 3 possible answers. There will also be tests to develop a question where key points will be taken into account.

-With which note do I pass the exams?
In all the exams that you carry out in Globalia Training, a minimum grade of 75% is required for the module to be approved. In the exams you take in Son Pacs, 75% is also required as a minimum grade, less in FOL, and RET that the minimum grade is 50%.
In the case of developmental exams, the key points must be named to be scored. The form of the text (introduction, body and conclusion) will be taken into account and the letter is understood (capital letter). In the case of module 7 (maintenance practices), two development exams will be carried out and both will have to be passed in order to pass the development part of that module.
English classes are also taught, but there are no exams in exchange for writing a blog where you explain weekly what you have done in Globalia training and things in your life outside of training.

-Class attendance is mandatory?
Class attendance is mandatory in both Son pacs and Globalia Training. In Son Pacs you can miss 15% of the total time and the faults can be justified only for the notes of Son Pacs. The hours you are missing from Son Pacs cannot be justified in Globalia Formation. In the Globalia Training practices, 100% of the attendance is required and in the theoretical classes, 90% of the assistance of each module is required to take the exam of that module.

-Do I have a time limit to get my professional training?
As with all vocational courses, they have a limit of announcements that you can enroll in each subject, in this case there are 4 announcements.

-What titles will I get at the end of the course?
Well, just at the end of the training in work centers at the end of the course, you will obtain a degree as an aeromechanical maintenance technician. Then, if you have completed all the examinations of the modules necessary to obtain the license in Globalia training and have worked 2 years in the maintenance of turbine aircraft, you will be granted a certificate to request the license of aircraft maintenance from the state agency of air safety. This license will already allow you to sign in the technical documents of a turbine aircraft.

-To obtain the license I have a limit of announcements?
You don’t have a limit of calls for exams, but you can only show up 3 times in a year. At least 3 months must pass between each exam session. The approved modules are valid for 10 years, if after 10 years you don’t get the license, you will have to repeat the exams that have expired.

-What practices are carried out?
In Globalia training, practices related to each module are carried out, which should be carried out in the same way as when working with real airplanes, manuals will be consulted, the tasks performed will be noted and the tasks will be performed correctly in the plane or simulator that is available.

-What advantages does this vocational course have at IES Son Pacs?
Unlike other institutes that offer this vocational course, the IES Son Pacs has an agreement with Globalia Training which is a center 147 where examinations of official modules can be carried out. The training offered at Globalia is considered relevant for obtaining the license and only a 2-year work experience is required to obtain the license. You will not have to pay anything more than the registration to enroll in this course.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Video: Hydraulic and pneumatic

Here you have a new video explaining what is hydraulic and pneumatic.

Car racing in the puig major and a hidden skydrol tank

This last weekend I went on an excursion to the Puig major, since this weekend there was a car race. Taking advantage of this event, the night before the race, I slept near to the village of Sóller, a small village located between mountains. Sóller seems to me a spectacular village since it is surrounded by mountains and with a special color in its houses. In addition, it has a small railway that reaches the port of Sóller. I camped near the road for the next morning to see the race from there. What impressed me most, is to see the sunrise from the mountain, with the town of Sóller just below. It was a full day that helped me to disconnect from the module 7 exam. Day 9 was my birthday and I brought cookies and croissants to class for my classmates. Upon arriving home, my partner had prepared a cake with 23 candles. The next weekend is her birthday and I will prepare some surprise ...  In theory class we have started the airplane's pneumatic system, but in practic...

To bad weather, good face

This week I haven’t left home much, I have gone from home to Globalia training and from globalia training to home all week. Upon arriving home my partner heats the food that we already have prepared, or if we have nothing prepared we make some simple and fast dish since it is usually a little late. When we are eating, we talk about how the day has gone and sometimes I explain concepts that we have given in theory class or I explain what I have done in practice, this helps me to review somethings a bit. After eating, almost every day, I rest for a while before starting to review for the module 7 exam. As my partner also has exams these days, we are both motivated to start studying and not get distracted by other things. After studying we have to prepare dinner and some days we take the opportunity to make the meal the next day. These days the weather is not very good, it rains and it is windy, so I don’t feel like going out. In Globalia Training we study module 11, we review the operati...