Ir al contenido principal

Muromets: the first big plane


The Ilyá muromets or Sikorsky S-22, was a plane created by Igor Sikorsky as a luxury plane that was equipped with armchairs, beds and bathrooms. The first idea of ​​its creators was to be a passenger plane until the start of the first world war, where it was thought that it could be the first plane to load a large number of bombs and machine guns that would allow to be launched over the enemy field from a great height. It was an airplane with four engines located on the wings. The four engines allowed to increase the thrust which increase lift and lift more weight. Nowadays it can be a very simple idea, but at that time all airplanes had a single engine in the front. In addition, the four engines were placed as close to the fuselage of the plane to prevent, in case of failure of any engine, the uncontrol of the aircraft. Finally it was thought that if the size of the horizontal stabilizer was increased and two more stabilizers were added on the sides of the tail, they will greater the control. (we can see the triple horizontal stabilizer in the second image). Its wings were double, which allowed to have a greater wing
surface that increased the sustentation and improve the rigidity of the structure. This plane included many devices that without them, nowadays the airplanes couldn't be as they are and they can transport large amounts of weight and they can travel great distances.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Video: Hydraulic and pneumatic

Here you have a new video explaining what is hydraulic and pneumatic.

Car racing in the puig major and a hidden skydrol tank

This last weekend I went on an excursion to the Puig major, since this weekend there was a car race. Taking advantage of this event, the night before the race, I slept near to the village of Sóller, a small village located between mountains. Sóller seems to me a spectacular village since it is surrounded by mountains and with a special color in its houses. In addition, it has a small railway that reaches the port of Sóller. I camped near the road for the next morning to see the race from there. What impressed me most, is to see the sunrise from the mountain, with the town of Sóller just below. It was a full day that helped me to disconnect from the module 7 exam. Day 9 was my birthday and I brought cookies and croissants to class for my classmates. Upon arriving home, my partner had prepared a cake with 23 candles. The next weekend is her birthday and I will prepare some surprise ...  In theory class we have started the airplane's pneumatic system, but in practic...

To bad weather, good face

This week I haven’t left home much, I have gone from home to Globalia training and from globalia training to home all week. Upon arriving home my partner heats the food that we already have prepared, or if we have nothing prepared we make some simple and fast dish since it is usually a little late. When we are eating, we talk about how the day has gone and sometimes I explain concepts that we have given in theory class or I explain what I have done in practice, this helps me to review somethings a bit. After eating, almost every day, I rest for a while before starting to review for the module 7 exam. As my partner also has exams these days, we are both motivated to start studying and not get distracted by other things. After studying we have to prepare dinner and some days we take the opportunity to make the meal the next day. These days the weather is not very good, it rains and it is windy, so I don’t feel like going out. In Globalia Training we study module 11, we review the operati...