Ir al contenido principal

We return to the blog after summer vacations





From now on, every week I will upload a new blog post explaining what I have been doing during the week both in Globalia training and in my day to day. 

In recent weeks I have been a little involved, since I had to move from Menorca with all my things, to install me again in Llucmajor. This past Friday I went back to Menorca to process some papers that I had pending. On Thursday night I took a flight from Palma airport to Menorca. Now that I know quite a lot of aircraft and aviation systems in general, every time I go to the airport I look at many things.I got on an Iberia plane operated by Air nostrum, specifically a CRJ-1000, a plane with two turbine engines that takes about 20 minutes from Palma to Mahón. On Saturday, I was back in Palma, I noticed that there was a plane of the Malaysia Airlines company, specifically an Airbus a380, a giant plane at the Palma Airport. I inform myself about the plane and it is a plane that these days is doing the Palma - London route to take passengers from the Thomas Cook company, since this company has closed. Back to Globalia Formation, we have been teaching theory about airplane structures and how they are manufactured. In the practical classes we have begun to disassemble components of the hydraulic system of airplanes, such as hydraulic pumps, shut-off valves or "skydrol" tanks. 


As a continuation of a practice we had done in the first course, specifically the start up of the APU and the engines, this Monday we had the opportunity to use the Globalia Training simulator used by the Pilots, to start the engines as a real plane. It was a very exciting first contact and I have learned a lot. Now it doesn't seem to me that an airplane has so many buttons since I almost know them all.

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Car racing in the puig major and a hidden skydrol tank

This last weekend I went on an excursion to the Puig major, since this weekend there was a car race. Taking advantage of this event, the night before the race, I slept near to the village of Sóller, a small village located between mountains. Sóller seems to me a spectacular village since it is surrounded by mountains and with a special color in its houses. In addition, it has a small railway that reaches the port of Sóller. I camped near the road for the next morning to see the race from there. What impressed me most, is to see the sunrise from the mountain, with the town of Sóller just below. It was a full day that helped me to disconnect from the module 7 exam. Day 9 was my birthday and I brought cookies and croissants to class for my classmates. Upon arriving home, my partner had prepared a cake with 23 candles. The next weekend is her birthday and I will prepare some surprise ...  In theory class we have started the airplane's pneumatic system, but in practic...

To bad weather, good face

This week I haven’t left home much, I have gone from home to Globalia training and from globalia training to home all week. Upon arriving home my partner heats the food that we already have prepared, or if we have nothing prepared we make some simple and fast dish since it is usually a little late. When we are eating, we talk about how the day has gone and sometimes I explain concepts that we have given in theory class or I explain what I have done in practice, this helps me to review somethings a bit. After eating, almost every day, I rest for a while before starting to review for the module 7 exam. As my partner also has exams these days, we are both motivated to start studying and not get distracted by other things. After studying we have to prepare dinner and some days we take the opportunity to make the meal the next day. These days the weather is not very good, it rains and it is windy, so I don’t feel like going out. In Globalia Training we study module 11, we review the operati...

Gender discrimination

With this poster that my colleagues and I have made we wanted to analyze: first of all the number of women who have studied in Globalia formation, the studies that we are doing. We have also analyzed where this great imbalance between men and women could come from, and that in the last seven years only six women have studied this vocational course. Another issue that we have analyzed is the difference in salary that exists between the two genders. Finally, we have found possible solutions and acts that are carried out to promote equality between men and women at work.  The idea of ​​making this poster came up to see a couple of films, it was based on the real stories, the themes of the topics they talk about, the inequality between people of different skin color, or people of different gender. Racial discrimination is an issue that we find in many films, especially in North American, which is where this type of discrimination most exists for many years. The history of North ...